[Samba] Samba-to-samba migration

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Wed Jan 22 13:32:19 GMT 2003

Try read help on samba swat home page on your 2.2.7 swat www or howto htmls.
***How To Configure Samba as a Backup Domain Controller for a Samba PDC***
But this is only for login good choice, for storing files is problem with
change home directories to another server when PDC dies...

For first Q about migration i must say that is not simply. Best setup is
teoretical downgrade samba on new 9.0 to eq version 2.2.2 then copy all
config and db files and then upgrade to 2.2.7a.
You can try without this but not copy tdb files only overwrite smb.conf and
smbpasswd plus recreate acounts from passwd 8.1. Plus transfer SIDs of
machine and domain as is write in uplisted howto.

Thats all folks.