[Samba] Authoring a HOWTO

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Wed Jan 22 11:37:01 GMT 2003

On January 21, jcllings at tsunamicomm.net said:
> I am in the process of authoring a Samba-LDAP-PDC HOWTO for Mandrake
> users that will allow cross platform ( Linux / M$ ) network user
> authentication.  Lastnight I ran
> rpm --rebuild --with ldap samba-2.2.7a-2mdk.src.rpm
> and it produced a list of packages that I needed to install in order to
> compile this version of samba.  I did so but I neglected to write down
> the list.  I did the install of the list of like 5 items through the gui
> so I can't track it through history.
>
> Anybody know what is required to compile samba?
> I know readline was on the list as was an updated version of GLIBC

Why not do the following:

rpm -q --requires samba-2.2.7a-2mdk.src.rpm

or better still

history | grep rpm

and see what you installed?

Actually, this is probably a better idea:
rpm -qa --queryformat "%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE} %{INSTALLTIME}\n" | sort +1 -n | perl -p -i -e 's/ (\d+)$/sprintf( " %s", scalar(localtime($1)))/e'

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

caitlin says, "my cat is YOWLING. what is her *damage*?"
troc says, "1d4 x3 - bite, claw, claw"