[Samba] Long pauses.

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Wed Jan 22 04:06:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 17:22, Thomas Mercer-Hursh, Ph.D. wrote:
> all PowerDesk
> windows are likely to be frozen until the first one completes, as is any
> file dialog in another application.
that is a powerdesk problem (sounds like one thread...)

> I also have sporadic cases where double-clicking on a file name takes 30-60
> seconds or more to bring up the application whereas normally it is more or
> less instantaneous.
there may be a log file entry to help you
i suspect that the server is failing to find the client and it timing
out.

> The most specific traceable behavior is that if one has a PowerDesk window
> open on the Solaris box and is scrolling through the directories, when the
> directory /net comes into view, there is a very long pause and a full
> refresh of the window, often with a partial refresh, pause, then completion
> of refresh.  This is highly consistent.  The /net directory is empty.
that sounds like an automounting directory - probably samba triggers a
the automounting stuff but it fails and returns after a timeout.

Sorry i can't be more specific

brad
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>