[Samba] users and groups

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Wed Jan 22 03:54:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 05:47, ... wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> another day i posted two times a message asking for somebody to help
> me with users and groups...
>
> i still have the same question on my mind???
>
> how can i create groups to use with config.pol???
If you're using a recent samba (samba3) you can create a unix group
and map that unix group to a domain group with smbgroupedit

if you're using samba2 you only have access to Domain Users and Domain
Admins (which you can map to unix groups with smb.conf parameters)

> when i start poledit open the file config.pol and look for groups to
> add. The only group that exists is domain admins and domain users. How
> can i create another group??

this is a FAQ.
google lists.samba.org instead of waiting for somebody to reply...

good luck!

brad
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>