[Samba] Authoring a HOWTO

Jim jcllings at tsunamicomm.net
Wed Jan 22 00:32:00 GMT 2003

I am in the process of authoring a Samba-LDAP-PDC HOWTO for Mandrake
users that will allow cross platform ( Linux / M$ ) network user
authentication.  Lastnight I ran
rpm --rebuild --with ldap samba-2.2.7a-2mdk.src.rpm
and it produced a list of packages that I needed to install in order to
compile this version of samba.  I did so but I neglected to write down
the list.  I did the install of the list of like 5 items through the gui
so I can't track it through history.

Anybody know what is required to compile samba?
I know readline was on the list as was an updated version of GLIBC

Jim C.