[Samba] Samba 3.0 + AD + OpenLDAP

Ron McKown rmckown at envenergy.com
Tue Jan 21 23:46:59 GMT 2003

Hi everyone!
I've already deployed samba-2.2.7a-2 and enabled openLDAP support.  I
now have a machine configured as a domain controller authenticating all
windows users via openLDAP.  openLDAP is also authenticating all of our
linux users.

I would like to install Exchange2000 on a windows2000 machine so our
windows users can do calendaring (sendmail already handles all of our
email needs).

I would like to keep our current authentication system in place but also
allow our windows outlook users to do calendaring.
will samba 3.0 (alpha, beta or final) make this possible?

i found some text related to this in the alpha folder and under
3.0/WHATSNEWS.txt:
"Active Directory support. This release is able to join a ADS realm
  as a member server and authenticate users using LDAP/kerberos. "

does this mean that the actual windows machine running Active Directory
will still be responsible for all authentication?

Thanks!
Ron McKown
rmckown at envenergy.com