[Samba] Fw: smbpasswd sync please help

Keith Fernandez keith at theargoncompany.com
Tue Jan 21 09:38:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am using smbpasswd = yes in my smb.conf file, so that I can use encrypted passwords in windows 2000
I am using samba 2.2.5-10 the default which comes with redhat 8.0.
So far everything works fine, till I change my smbpasswd, it dosent reflect in /etc/passwd
I just wanted to know how to get passwd and smbpasswd to sync with each other vice-versa
If I change either of the two it should sync, Is that possible.

My smb.conf [global] section looks like this.

   workgroup = dev
   server string = Samba Dev Server
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
   max log size = 0
   security = user
   encrypt passwords = Yes
   update encrypted = Yes
   unix password sync = Yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n *passwd:*all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
   pam password change = Yes
   obey pam restrictions = no
   local master = no
   smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
   os level = 0
   domain master = no
   preferred master = no
   wins server = 192.168.0.66
   dns proxy = no

What am I doing wrong.

Regards,
Keith
--------
Linux: because I want to get there today.  Without rebooting.
--------