[Samba] Setting up samba so XP will login in to a linux box

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Tue Jan 21 08:11:01 GMT 2003

First you and everybody must write version of XP you use? HOME (not use
domains!!!) or PRO?
Second when you need use samba as user XXX must create this user on linux
and samba conf files!
        sh: useradd XXX
              smbpasswd -a XXX
and then login to XP as XXX with pass from linux smbpasswd...
If you set domain controler on samba then you must have XP PRO and next join
machine to domain and more more...

If you very new then not use domain only workgroup confs...

Bye.