[Samba] Setting up samba so XP will login in to a linux box

David Sexton dsexton_1 at charter.net
Tue Jan 21 01:06:01 GMT 2003

Hi all

I am trying to set up Samba on Mandrake 9.0 so that my XP
Machine will login to my Mandrake server. My windows XP
machine logins but unable to find the domain I am very new
to setting up samba to be the domain server so nay help
would be greatly appreciated.  Also I wanted some help on
how to make some scripts and how run them and where to
place them. My windows XP machine sees my Mandrake server
and can access chares if I login as root
 when I try to
login as my self on the Mandrake box get the message on my
XP machine saying the domain is not avable and I can not
login as my self.  To me that mean that it is not login in
to the server.  Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

David