[Samba] Printer problem

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Tue Jan 21 00:38:37 GMT 2003

You have to supply more information.

You may be sending the job to the wrong print queue on the samba server.

The linux queue which is successful probably takes a postscript job
from linux and converts it to a language understood by the printer. You
maybe are sending a job already filtered for your printer, that is,
a nonpostscript job,  from the windows box to this same queue.

As a quick test, install a printer on the windows box using the HP
Laserjet III + driver, which all windows seem to have, using the same
printer as you currently are using. If you get output, that's your
problem.

If not, you could post a reply with your /etc/printcap and smb.conf files.
Also, note which queue you are using from your widows box.

Joel