[Samba] A way to shut down workstation

Zoran Ovcin zoran at imft.ftn.ns.ac.yu
Tue Jan 21 00:35:01 GMT 2003

In a mail to this list a command for shutting down a PC is mentioned,
but without further explanation. It said something like this:
net rpc shutdown -S <machine name>

I do not get it: who shuts down who?

For example, I have a samba acting as a PDC server for network with
windows 2K workstaions. Users forget to shut down the ws's and I would
like to do that automatically (from cron) in certain time of day.

Is there a command that can be sent to a w2k workstation to shutdown?
Can samba give that command?

Any sugestions?

Zoran

--
Zoran Ovcin, Dj. Niksica Johana 26/134, Novi Sad, Yugoslavia
+381-(0)21-402-422, mailto:zoran at imft.ftn.ns.ac.yu, ICQ# 51891480