[Samba] 3alpha21-release

Sascha Bieler sascha.bieler at radiogong.de
Mon Jan 20 23:58:13 GMT 2003

Hi MastersOfSamba,

at the weekend I felt a little bit like I have to help you in bug finding in
the 3alpha21-release and I installed it over my pretty good working 2.2.7a.
First of all I have to say that my samba is working as PDC emulating an
NT4-DC.

And i saw some very strange things.
1. Profiling is no longer working while using the same smb.conf as I used
with 2.2.7a

2. In the shares I fond some new files, no one has created. Also I found
some folders with the same names and this several times.
For Example, I had 5 folders named 'K' or just three files named 'B'. I was
not able to delete them and when I replaced the 3alpha21 against the old
2.2.7a the don't exist any longer.

Greetings and hope this will help you a bit

Sascha

P.S.: If you like to have my smb.conf -> let me know

Radio Gong 2000 GmbH & Co KG
Sascha Bieler
Technischer Leiter
Franz-Joseph-Strasse 14