[Samba] Borland Paradox Databases on a samba share

Nose Bear nose_bear at yahoo.de
Mon Jan 20 14:50:01 GMT 2003

Hi fans,

i tryed to use samba to share a paradox database which comes with a
special trade programs.

On a novell server it works fine. But on the samba share I get a
corrupted database after some minutes of multi user access. I've
tryed some entries in the smb.conf and I think a have a very
conservative setting now.

I heared of somebody who uses samba successfully with the same
application but with a newer linux. I work with suse 6.4 and samba
2.0.6 . May I hope to solve the problem with a linux update? I read
in he samba release notes about "several bugfixes in locking" ... but
does it solve my problem?

thankx nose.