[Samba] An addendum to my PDC troubles.

Hans Rasmussen hans at sbsfor.com
Sat Jan 18 20:50:01 GMT 2003

Hi John.

Thanks for the response.  "smbpasswd root" lets me change the root password,
I've verified that by looking at the smbpasswd file afterwards, the time
stamp has chaged and the password hash is different.  I'll have to give you
the output of string later, I'm not at work at the moment and I haven't set
up SSH access yet.  The permissions on smbpasswd are read and write for
root, read for everybody else.  There is another smbpasswd on the system, I
did an upgrade from the stock mandrake to a custom 2.2.7a build.  I did make
sure that I am dealing with the correct files though.  I did hack passdb.h
to remove the RID mapping in order to keep everybodies old RID during the
migration.  RID directly maps to UID now.  I followed instruction from
earlier posts in the mailing list.  It's entirely possible (probable?) that
I voodoo'd that too much.

Hans