[Samba] File Creation Dates Question

Mike McMullen mlm at loanprocessing.net
Sat Jan 18 09:36:02 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I searched the archives for a solution to this issue
but didn't find any thing.

I have an office with a mix of PCs running ME and XP
that use Samba 2.2.7 under RH Linux 7.3  as an archive
for mortgage information.

When documents are moved to the Samba share, the file
creation timestamp on the Linux box reflects the time the files
were created on the PCs. What I need is for the creation
timestamp to be when it was created on the Linux box by
the copy or move.

We have some scripts that execute every 20 minutes that
use find to locate new files added within that time frame.
Files are falling through the cracks because the script
sees the original PC creation time and not the Linux creation
time.

Any insight on how to remedy this will be great appreciated!

Mike

Mike McMullen

CIO - Baton, Inc.

7637 Fair Oaks Blvd Suite #2
Carmichael, CA 95608

Tel:      1-866-515-4421 or 916-944-7790 ext. 2
Fax:     1-866-843-8795 or 916-944-8422
Email:  mlm at loanprocessing.net
Web:   www.loanprocessing.net

"From chaos comes true genius..."