[Samba] Re: SMB+LDAP Question ...

Jim jcllings at tsunamicomm.net
Fri Jan 17 08:11:01 GMT 2003

Thomas Nilsen wrote:
> I'd like to trow myself into the same disussion...
>
> I'm also trying to get Samba 2.2.7 working from LDAP. So far I can see the
> /usr/local/bin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w %u"

I think there are some real problems with those scripts.  I've written
my own using php and it seems to work fine with but one minor annoyance
that maybe on the Windoze side...  The issue is that if I store the
computer accounts in the Computers ou, the Widoze boxes can't see them.
No problems if I put them in with the users but that could cause trouble
later when I have to separate the computers from users for some
unpredictable reason.  My theory is that this has to do with the
clientside setup.  Namely that the searchbase is wrong.

Which brings up another point.  I note that ALL uidNumber's in the tree
must be unique regardless of what ou it is stored under?  Otherwise you
get that pesky sid mapping error.