[Samba] auth. samba users against Win2K AD

Bill Parker dogbert at netnevada.net
Fri Jan 17 04:58:00 GMT 2003

Hi All,

	We have a mixed Win2K and Linux environment, and we run Samba 2.2.3a on
SuSE 8.0 Linux.  Assume you have users who have to access a share on Samba of
say /foo/bar, and the users are part of group 'somegrp' (they have
permissions to
modify stuff in /foo/bar, btw).

Now, assume said users exist on Win2K AD, is there any way to get Samba to
authenticate against Win2K when they go for access to the the share, rather
than
have to change passwords on both Samba and Win2k so that they match?

-Bill