[Samba] guest ok = yes

Owens, Bob bowens at navtech.com
Fri Jan 17 00:42:01 GMT 2003

Rolland I think you really need the map to guest from looking at your config
and make sure you can cd to your share with your pcguest unix account. I'm
guessing that your guest account does not have access to home and share.
Maybe move music to /music and give the permissions there.

Just some stuff to try.

create a unix user called pcguest, use strict permissions (the default is
nobody in SAMBA)
create the samba password for pcguest
create a directory public2 on /
$ su pcguest
$ cd /public2
$ exit
# want to make sure that pcguest has access to /public2

[global]
    guest account = pcguest
    map to guest = bad password

[public2]