[Samba] Something I dislike

Robert Adkins raa at impelind.com
Fri Jan 17 00:16:00 GMT 2003

Hello,

	When I sometimes sit down at my Samba PDC and fire up the monitor, there
are occasionally some log file messages displaying on the screen. This is
while nobody is logged onto the local server, it is displayed right over
the logon prompt.

	Here is an example...

	smb_trans2_request: result=-104, setting invalid
	smb_retry: successful, new pid=3347, generation=4

	From what I gather, it appears that samba is running into an error and
then it is spawning another process to take care of the user request. I
can and should  find out exactly what is happening to cause that, but
right now I want to see what I can do to keep those messages from
appearing on the monitor.

	Any suggestions?

	Thanks!

Regards,