[Samba] Windows XP Usernames in Start Menu

David F. Severski davidski-samba at deadheaven.com
Thu Jan 16 22:15:01 GMT 2003

I have a Windows XP SP1 machine joined to a Samba 2.2.7a domain with an odd
cosmetic error.  Win XP wants to display my full name in the native XP-style
Start menu, but that name occasionally gets reset to my login ID.  I am unable
to find any information that states just where XP is grabbing that information
from and why XP seems to forget my full name.

Can anyone provide any guideance as to how I could correct or track this
issue down?  All other functions seem fine, but I don't like having unexplained
behavior on my systems.  :)

Thanks for your time and assistance!

David