[Samba] Samba and MC/Service Guard

Eric Roseme eroseme at emonster.rose.hp.com
Thu Jan 16 21:16:01 GMT 2003

I believe that the HP Response Center has taken calls from Wal-Mart on
CIFS/9000 Server (HP's supported version of Samba), so I think that at
least some Wal-Mart sites are running CIFS/9000.

In any case, CIFS/9000 Server has MCSG scripts (.cntl,.conf,.mon) in
/opt/samba/HA/ under active_active or active_standby.  In addition,
there are detailed instructions on how to configure MCSG with the
relocatable IP address and NetBIOS alias in the README file.  The same
instructions are available in the CIFS/9000 Server manual.

You can get a copy of the manual at
http://www.docs.hp.com/hpux/netcom/index.html#CIFS/9000.  You can
download CIFS/9000 Server for free from
http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProductInfo.pl?productNumber=B8725AA.