[Samba] Samba and MC/Service Guard

Dan Doffermyre Dan.Doffermyre at wal-mart.com
Thu Jan 16 19:31:00 GMT 2003

Samba friends,

I work in Wal-Mart's IT department, specifically with Unix Servers of
various flavors, but HP-UX is predominant in our Home Office environment.

I recently built an two node HA cluster on HP 11.11 boxes.  I want to be
able to have Samba use the virtual name of my cluster.  Currently Samba is
configured to use the hardcoded box name, however if the box happens to go
down, we have to go in and reconfigure the clients to point to the secondary
box name.  Sure would be nice to point everything to the virtual name.  So I
was wondering if you have any documents that explain how you would go about
setting up Samba with HP's MC/Service Guard?

Thanks,
Dan Doffermyre
dadoffe at wal-mart.com
805 Moberly Ln.
Bentonville, AR 72716
(479)277-3942

and intended solely for the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email
in error destroy it immediately.