[Samba] File transfer corruption (NULL characters)

jra at dp.samba.org jra at dp.samba.org
Thu Jan 16 18:56:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 12:49:02PM -0600, James John - jrjame wrote:
> I had a problem that falls within the same scope as this.  It was between
> 2.2.7a, Tru64 5.1a and NT 4.0, where files above 4GB are corrupted from what
> appears to be an addressing issue with the 64 bit file system on the Alpha
> and the 32 bit file systems on the NT servers.

This is a different problem. The compiler on the Alpha is not detecting
64-bit interfaces, so Samba is only being configured as 32-bit. Once
we get our hands on such a system we will be able to fix the configure
scripts to correctly detect the alpha 64-bit  system calls and this will
be solved.

Jeremy.