[Samba] problem printing win2k+samba (redhat) + lprng

Gareth Davies gdavies at willowbrook.co.uk
Thu Jan 16 14:25:01 GMT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dieter LeName" <oliv26 at lycos.at>
To: <samba at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 2:04 PM
Subject: [Samba] problem printing win2k+samba (redhat) + lprng

hi

I got a big problem with the printing system in our pc-lab, help VERY much
appreciated :-))
We got Win2k clients that print via our server (redhat) to the printer (HP
Laserjet 8150DN).

In most cases one page (our at most a few pages) are printed with no
problem,
then we have an error on the printer display ("40 EIO 1 BAD TRANSMISSION").
Then
the printer ejects an empty page and a page with a error ("error: timeout,
stack
...") and stops.

There is NO problem if printing is done from the Win2k clients to the
printer
directy, our directly from the server.
But I need printing from the client via the server, for accounting and
billing
of the printouts.

The system:
Clients: Win2k SP2, current version of HP printer driver
Printer: HP Laserjet 8150DN
Server: Redhat Linux 7.2, LPRng-3.7.4-28, samba-2.2.1a-4.

Does anybody know about this kind of problem ??

Cheers wolkov

-----------------

Hi Wolkov this is not really a SAMBA problem as can be seen by a quick
Google search:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=40+EIO+1+BAD+TRANSMISSION&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x514a1aca6930d611abd50090277