[Samba] problem printing win2k+samba (redhat) + lprng

Dieter LeName oliv26 at lycos.at
Thu Jan 16 14:07:01 GMT 2003

hi

I got a big problem with the printing system in our pc-lab, help VERY much
appreciated :-))
We got Win2k clients that print via our server (redhat) to the printer (HP
Laserjet 8150DN).

In most cases one page (our at most a few pages) are printed with no problem,
then we have an error on the printer display ("40 EIO 1 BAD TRANSMISSION"). Then
the printer ejects an empty page and a page with a error ("error: timeout, stack
...") and stops.

There is NO problem if printing is done from the Win2k clients to the printer
directy, our directly from the server.
But I need printing from the client via the server, for accounting and billing
of the printouts.

The system:
Clients: Win2k SP2, current version of HP printer driver
Printer: HP Laserjet 8150DN
Server: Redhat Linux 7.2, LPRng-3.7.4-28, samba-2.2.1a-4.

Does anybody know about this kind of problem ??

Cheers wolkov