[Fwd: Re: [Samba] Exporting a samba mount]]

Paul Yeager pyeager at tektone.net
Thu Jan 16 13:51:00 GMT 2003

Christopher and the list:

Gee... I wish it would!

My probelm currently is the fact that if I add this line to /etc/exports:

/mnt/MountedSambaShare        somebox(nohide)

I get:

somebox:/mnt/MountesSambaShare: Invalid argument

This happens whether /etc/exports says "somebox(nohide)" or
"somebox(ro)" or "somebox()".

Note that /mnt/MounteSambaShare is in fact properly mounted via smbmount
(actually a fstab entry specifying smbfs) ... no problems accessing it
on the machine from which I'm trying to export it via NFS.

If anyone has any clues, I'd be grateful!

Paul