[Samba] Profiles on Samba share

Christopher Odenbach odenbach at hni.uni-paderborn.de
Thu Jan 16 10:57:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

while reading the man page to smb.conf I recently stepped over the %a
macro. This variable contains the architecture of the connecting
client, so "WinNT" or "Win2K".

We have windows profiles on a samba share. Profiles often get muddled
up when switching from NT to W2K clients and back.

Now my idea was to set up the following profiles share:

[profiles]
        path                    = %H/ntdata/%a

This way the profile is stored separately for NT and W2K in
~user/ntdata/[WinNT|Win2K]

Has anyone already thought of this? Are there any caveats?

Greetings,

Christopher

    Dipl.-Ing. Christopher Odenbach
    HNI Rechnerbetrieb