[Samba] (fwd from jaguhkampung@yahoo.com) about samba problem

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Thu Jan 16 04:43:01 GMT 2003

Please don't send questions to the postmaster.

----- Forwarded message from ibnu muhd <jaguhkampung at yahoo.com> -----

From: ibnu muhd <jaguhkampung at yahoo.com>
Subject: about samba problem
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:20:28 -0800 (PST)
To: mailman-owner at lists.samba.org

--- hello !

i'am a new linux user from kuala lumpur. i need to set
up a mix network that used window as a server and the
client used window and redhat linux platform.

i found lin from search engine and it sound
interesting.
that i need samba install in all my client and server
befora i install the Lin or i just need lin only.

i also not familier with the samba client. it's we
need to install the samba at the server itself and
register the samba from all client.

can you give me step by step thing that i need to do.
sometime i confuse the term client and server, network
server, file server and etc.

i hope you will help me soon.

sincerely,

muhammad