[Samba] Re: automount shares

Mark Keir m.keir at qut.edu.au
Wed Jan 15 23:43:01 GMT 2003

Adam,

Rather than using /etc/fstab (works fine), for users  with different
share requirements, you could set up a mount point in autofs.  In the
/etc/auto.master file, set up the mount point and connection file

/home/user/mnt /etc/auto.user --timeout=60

Then in your /etc/auto.user file, set up the specific share connection
(sub appropriate values for user, uid and IP/share)

xpbox
-fstype=smbfs,credentials=/home/user/etc/domain.credentials,uid=xxx,rw
://10.0.0.1/temp\$

You can set up multiple samba credential files for different domains
(NT, AD etc) which gives excellent flexibility.

Mark

Message: 18