[Samba] Profiles ...

Robert Adkins raa at impelind.com
Wed Jan 15 21:17:01 GMT 2003

	Unless your users are using Outlook (or virtually any E-mail client for
that matter) I have a few users with .PST files that are over 1Gig in
size. This is due to the regular amount of data files that we are sent. I
have discussed with them the need to trim those files down.

	However, that isn't something that they are considering doing. My hands
are pretty tied with that right now.

	In the near future, I am planning on replacing the current "locally"
stored .PST files with an IMAP server. There are a few other things that
I can do after that to cut down on the logon/logoff time. However, I have
other more pressing matters to attend to.

	Anyway, our network speed is swift enough to get those logoffs down to
about twenty minutes or so...(Crazy I know, but that's what it takes.)
Logons are thankfully much faster.

Regards,
Robert Adkins II
IT Manager/Buyer