[Samba] Profile migration again

Gabriel D. Preston gpreston at sgillc.com
Wed Jan 15 20:26:01 GMT 2003

Using the -v flag gave me the same exact output from the ntuser.dat
file.  This is becoming a rather frustrating problem to deal with, I'm
sorry to have to continually keep bringing this up today.  Here is the
output from the file using the -v option, and without using the -v option:

root at file bin # ./profiles /home/gpreston/ntuser.dat
Registry file size: 364544
First Key Off: 32, Data Block Size: 360448
Next Off: 0, Prev Off: 4096
Type: 2c
SK Off    : 105374
Incorrect SK Header format: 00008AFC

root at file bin # ./profiles -v /home/gpreston/ntuser.dat
Registry file size: 364544
First Key Off: 32, Data Block Size: 360448
Next Off: 0, Prev Off: 4096
Type: 2c
SK Off    : 105374
Incorrect SK Header format: 00008AFC

If I run the profiles command on an ntuser.dat file that was created
from a fresh profile, not one copied from a local profile to the samba
server, I get a response back with all of the information in the file,
including the user's SID.  But any ntuser.dat file that was taken from a
local profile on the Win2K machine gives me the above problem.  It isn't
readable by the profiles command.

-Gabe