[Samba] guest ok = yes

Roland Thompson roland at thompson.name
Wed Jan 15 19:59:01 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've got samba up and running, but I have the guest ok = yes option.

Now I have the book Using Samba by o'reilly, and if I'm correct this
setting should enable be to access the share without using a
username/password, however it doesn't work, then if I enter a valid
samba user when it prompts it works fine!

I've included my smb.conf file, any suggestions would be appreciated.
I'm also new to linux, so could it be something to do with the
permissions for this folder?

[global]

            netbios name = THOR

            workgroup = LANGHOLME