[Samba] Solaris + Samba + Mount windows printer

Neo Gigs gigsvoo at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 15 10:32:01 GMT 2003

Hi there,

I was trying print to a Windows shared printer from Solaris 2.5 using the
following command:

# smbclient //windowspc/printer1 -U abc -c 'print -' < somefile.txt

with success. Now, my application in Solaris was hardcoded to send print to
lp, if I wanto change the destination of printing from lp to the windowspc's
printer, how do I do this without changing my application source codes?

I know that we can achieve that using a filter in the lp, shall anyone can
give me sample or example code how to code the filter?

Thanks

Neo Gigs
gigsvoo at yahoo.com