[Samba] Re: Change of Domain Name

Jim jcllings at tsunamicomm.net
Wed Jan 15 05:49:01 GMT 2003

On Linux, slapcat can be used to create a file called an LDIF file.  An
LDIF file is basically just a text file so you could load it up into a
word processor and use Search and Replace to replace all occurences of
the old domain name with the new one.  Then one might use slapadd or
ldapadd to put it all back in.  You could probably even do it while
still maintaining the old information in the database for backup since
all the new dn's will be different.  Of course, in the short term this
means a database that is twice the size it should be.