[Samba] winbind not authenticating

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Tue Jan 14 22:45:49 GMT 2003

I still can't authenticate on the first machine.  I set up samba and
winbind on a second machine to go through the steps, one by one.  This
one works, sort of... it can authenticate users on the NT domain, but
complains about not having a home directory for them, and so dumps them
in / with error messages.

Also:

[root at devweb pam.d]# wbinfo -a INDY+username%password
plaintext password authentication failed
error code was NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER (0xc000000d)
Could not authenticate user INDY+username%password with plaintext password

Lots of Google results asking about this, but none giving an answer...
:-(

--
John Oliver, CCNA                            http://www.john-oliver.net/
Linux/UNIX/network consulting         http://www.john-oliver.net/resume/