[Samba] Password protect shares with

Robert Adkins raa at impelind.com
Tue Jan 14 21:55:01 GMT 2003

Racer X,

	The simple answer I have; No

Regards,
Robert Adkins II
IT Manager/Buyer
Impel Industries, Inc.
Ph. 586-254-5800
Fx. 586-254-5804

 -----Original Message-----
From: Racer X [mailto:racer_x_0x0 at yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 1:27 PM
To: samba at lists.samba.org; Robert Adkins
Subject: [Samba] Password protect shares without creating user accounts

Hi, Could you tell me if there is a way to make it so that a password is
required for a share, without creating a Unix account.  I would like to
share folders without making an account for everyone who wants access to
those shares.  I am already restricting access to those shares based on
IP address.  I would like to also restrict access with password
protection.  Basically, I want to restrict access to a share based on IP
address and a password, but without creating user accounts.