[Samba] Password protect shares without creating user accounts

Racer X racer_x_0x0 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 14 21:28:01 GMT 2003

Hi, Could you tell me if there is a way to make it so that a password is required for a share, without creating a Unix account.  I would like to share folders without making an account for everyone who wants access to those shares.  I am already restricting access to those shares based on IP address.  I would like to also restrict access with password protection.  Basically, I want to restrict access to a share based on IP address and a password, but without creating user accounts.