[Samba] Problem with winbind

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Tue Jan 14 21:13:01 GMT 2003

I'm trying to get winbind working, so my Linux machines can authenticate
users from the local NT domain.  I've used the docs at
http://us2.samba.org/samba/ftp/cvs_current/docs/htmldocs/winbind.html as
well as http://www.sin.khk.be/~dj/ and
http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/connect/csamba5.html to work on this.
It seems to be kinda-mostly working... I can use wbinfo, getent, etc.
and see users on th domain and such.  However, I cannot login as an NT
user, *and* nothing is logged to /var/log/secure, /var/log/messages, or
anywhere in /var/log/samba when I try.  I'm dealing with Red Hat 8.0 and
samba-2.2.7-2 from updates.rdhat.com

--
John Oliver, CCNA                            http://www.john-oliver.net/
Linux/UNIX/network consulting         http://www.john-oliver.net/resume/