[Samba] ACT 5.0 and Samba

Chris Nolan chris at itoperations.com.au
Tue Jan 14 12:03:01 GMT 2003

Hi all,

One of my clients loves ACT for some reason unknown to both them and
myself. They want multiple people to be able to access the thing at the
same time.

Here's the problem - every now and then the people using it give me
reports of the clients crashing. Reindexing the "database" if you can
call it that, solves the problem.

Is there some sort of behaviour that the users could be performing that
is causing this problem (one of them adds fields with disturbing
frequency) or is it something I might have wrong on the Samba side of
things (Mandrake 8.1, using Samba 2.2.2 on ReiserFS 3.6.25).

Any suggestions would be cheerfully received!

Chris