[Samba] Force the user to change its password

Bruno Gimenes Pereti pereti at ump.edu.br
Tue Jan 14 11:47:00 GMT 2003

Maybe my configuration is incorrect but I can't do it. I'm using
samba-2.7.7 and openldap-2.0.25-1 in a redhat-8.0 test machine.

When I run "smbldap-usermod -B 1 pereti" it sets pwdMustChange to 0 and
when I try to logon it says (translating from portuguese):

"Your password exipires today. Do you want to change it now?"

Ok, it's the expected behave but if I answer Yes and try to change my
password the message is (translating from portuguese):

"The system can not change your password because the domain LDAP is not
availiable"

(ps: LDAP is my domain name)

And in the log files I find:

[2003/01/14 09:36:12, 0] lib/util_sec.c:assert_gid(114)
   Failed to set gid privileges to (0,514) now set to (0,-1) uid=(0,999)
[2003/01/14 09:36:12, 0] lib/util.c:smb_panic(1094)
   PANIC: failed to set gid

And if I change my password with crtl+alt+del it don't change the value
of pwdMustChange.

I you have the solution it would be great to use this feature.

Bruno.