[Samba] help

Mark Ryan markryan at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jan 14 00:12:02 GMT 2003

I am running Redhat 8.0.  I have it networked with winxp.  I was using
samba successfully until today.  I installed a new harddrive, cpu, and
motherboard into the linux box.  I transferred files as normal for a
while but now im getting errors when I transfer.  I get a 'path to deep'
error now when I try to transfer files in the following methods:

I can transfer just fine using linux from hard drive to hard
drive....but when I use windows explorer I get errors going from linux
drive to linux drive....and windows drive to linux drive....BUT not from
linux drive to windows drive.

Please help...

Mark