[Samba] auto start

Gordon Pritchard gordonp at sfu.ca
Mon Jan 13 20:57:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 12:41, Roland Thompson wrote:

> I'm running RH8 with Samba 2.2.7a.
> how I can get samba to start when linux boots up?

Here are three ways:

1)  if using Gnome as your desktop, click on the 'foot' -> Programs ->
System -> Service Configuration.  You will be prompted for the root
password, if you are not already  root.  Go down through the list, put a
check next to 'smb'.  For me, nmbd starts automatically as a consquence
of smb starting.

2)  from a console, you can type 'serviceconf'.  This basically does
exactly the same as option 1).

3)  from a console (or, in case you have no GUI), you type 'ntsysv'.
Again, this gives you a list of services and checkboxes; tick off 'smb'.

	HTH,
	-Gord

--
Gordon Pritchard, P.Eng.         | Institute of Electrical and
Research Labs Manager            |      Electronics Engineers