[Samba] Dos To Unix?

Robert Adkins raa at impelind.com
Mon Jan 13 16:47:00 GMT 2003

Brendan,

	Download and utilize the latest version of VIM. (Vi Improved)

	I was concerned with that issue myself, as there are a number of logon
BAT files and such that I either, didn't wish to move back and forth all
the time to edit, or attempt to continually remember to use the DOS2UNIX
and UNIX2DOS command that ships with most releases of Linux. (I say move
back and forth because I am not sharing the netlogon directory.)

	Anyway, one day, I just opened up a DOS Bat file with VIM and
lo-and-behold, the file looked fine. I edited it and then saved it off
and then opened it up in Windows.

	It still looked fine.

	Give a go, hopefully it will work fine for you.

	Of course, it could also be something added to the Linux distro that I
am using. I am running Red Hat 7.2, in case you were wondering.

	I am certain that you should be able to locate the source code for VIM
to then compile on whatever UNIX platform that you are using.

	Good luck!

Regards,
Robert Adkins II
IT Manager/Buyer