[Samba] < 700 MB to samba share error

TE MrTPME at netscape.net
Mon Jan 13 13:32:02 GMT 2003

Hi everybody!

I am resending my message, forgot to fill in the subject line. I am sorry.

Bare with me as I am pretty new to Linux and everything that goes with it. My problem consists of copying large files from my w2k client to my samba server. Files larger than ca 700 MB will, when moving or copying to a samba share, stop in a error message that the network path is no longer accessible. The “server”, which samba is running on, starts to write to the disk but there is no network activity and after a while the error message appears. I have looked through all the forums and so on to see if I could find an answer, but no. I have however found other users posting messages about the same problem, but never an answer that solved the problem. Is there anyone who knows how to solve this problem?

Best regards
//
Thomas E