[Samba] administrator rights in samba 2.2.7 +ldap + XP

Christian Daré christian.dare at univ-brest.fr
Mon Jan 13 09:31:01 GMT 2003

Hi ,

My system : debian Woody + samba 2.2.7 + openldap .
We are trying to connect with domain administrators rights on a XP pro client .
After tests , all we obtain is users with domain user rights , impossible to have domain administrators rights .

We have define in smb.conf :

Domain Admin group = @Domain Admins
admin users = administrateur

And we ve defined administrateur user in ldap so we have :

bash$ id administrateur
bash $: uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groupes=0(root),200(Domain Admins)

First question : is it possible to have a domain admin user with ldap authentication ?
Second question : any idea to find the way out this problem ?

Thanks in advance