[Samba] Changing of Rights thru Windows program?

Ingo Doerrie ingo at doerrie-net.de
Mon Jan 13 07:04:01 GMT 2003

Hello all!

I just installed the Microsoft Navision Attain ERP system on my windows box
and wanted to build a database on a samba share.

What I had to learn is that the program was pretty able to build up this
database with a create maske = 0660.

When I tried to attach to the database the rights of the file were changed and
set to -r-------x or similar: absolute nonsense.

I only got it working with a force create mask = 0777 what was changed to
-rwx-wxrwx by Attain program.

Does anybody have a hint how this effect may be caused and how it can be
fixed.

Note: Please respond to my email adress directly as I am not a listed member
of the group.

--
Freundliche Grüße
kind regards