[Samba] Using ssh as a wrapper

Lloyd Dieter dieter at snrgy.com
Sun Jan 12 12:37:01 GMT 2003

Yes, I'm doing it by running PPP over my SSH connection.  The old
VPN-HOWTO goes over how to do this, although his scripts didn't work for
me.

Contact me directly if you want a copy of my scripts.

-Lloyd

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 23:45:58 -0500
Aram Mirzadeh <awm at fnol.net> wrote:

> Has anyone tried to wrap your SMB session inside another TCP protocol
> like SSH?
>
> I'm trying to sync files across two linux machines but my broadband
> provider is blocking SMB and port 139 traffic.
>
> If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Aram

    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
		     Registered Linux User 285528
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter at snrgy.com
             Main:585-389-1260    fax:585-389-1267