[Samba] Retrieveing group memberships

Martin Peter Hanke mphanke at web.de
Sun Jan 12 10:48:01 GMT 2003

Hi,

is there a possibility to include smb_{grp}.confs depending on the group
membership of the user? What I figured out is I can retrieve the primary
group of a user but what if a user is member of several groups let's say:

user a is member of tech and administration (not domain admin!!)
user b is member of dev and tech
user c is member of all existing smb groups

I would like to include all smb_{grp}.conf for the user. %G gives me the
primary group, how do I access the other memberships?

I had a couple of other hints how to solve the problem but, maybe it was
the way I tried to approach the problem, non was satisfying.

Greets,

Martin

I. Thessalonians 4:16
         Thanks, Dad, for just letting me be a nerd.

We don't stop playing because we grow older,
We grow older because we stop playing.

Being paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.

Important Information:
This is best viewed with Netscape Explorer 21.5,
at 3200x1800 pixels with 8xFSAA, 48bit color,
27" TFT (16x9), and a nail in the knee.