[Samba] samba valid char problems

Farkas Levente lfarkas at bnap.hu
Sun Jan 12 09:52:01 GMT 2003

hi,
we use samba as file server for our windows client, but there are
different kind of windows 2000, 98, me, xp and both english and
hungarian version. since we cant find any other solution, I try to
denied all accented characters in file and directory names (since
windows is not compatible even with itself english and hungarian
version:-(). so I only would like to allow
- english letters (lower and upper)
- digits
- "_-.:;"
in filenames. how can I do that? I read in the help valid chars:
The option allows you to specify additional characters that should be
considered valid by the server in filenames.
so it seems to me valid chars are only addition. it it possible to
exactly specify the whole set of valid chars?
thanks in advance.
yours.