[Samba] Compiling python_ext ?

Brendan F. Dolan-Gavitt bdolangavitt at wesleyan.edu
Sun Jan 12 03:02:00 GMT 2003

Using samba-2.999+3.0.alpha21 (debian unstable source package), I can't
get the python modules to compile correctly. The problem seems to be
that py_common.c and py_smb.c declare global_myname as an extern
pstring, while it is defined in include/proto.h as const char
*global_myname(void). Changing the definition in the two files allows it
to compile, but "from samba import smb" then causes a segfault.

Any ideas what could be causing this problem? I can retry with cvs if
necessary.

-Brendan